1:26 a.m. – Three students informed security that another student in Oglethorpe House was feeling depressed and possibly wished to harm himself. It was determined that the student would be fine until he could meet with a counselor on Feb. 26. The RA on duty and RD were notified.
5:50 a.m. – A student reported that she had cut her finger at an off-campus location. The student was transported for treatment.
4:45 p.m. – A student reported that fraudulent charges had been made on his ATM card. He notified his bank and filed a police report.
5 p.m. – A student became injured at Montgomery Hall. The student was transported for treatment.
8:41 p.m. – Security was notified that a student had been arrested for misdemeanor possession of drugs and alcohol.
2:13 a.m. – A student reported that he had seen two unknown individuals removing
letters from the Oglethorpe House sign. Neither the letters nor the individuals could be found.
9:01 a.m. – A faculty member called security and reported smelling smoke in an Eichberg Hall office. The Savannah Fire Department and security responded and found a
computer that was very hot and smoldering. The Savannah Fire Department asked everyone to leave the room, inspected the area and gave the all-clear to return.
11:23 a.m. – Security and the Savannah Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Pulaski House. The alarm was determined to have been caused by a student cooking. The alarm was reset.
3:30 p.m. – A controlled access door inside Eichberg Hall was found damaged. The locksmith was called and the door was repaired.
2:50 p.m. – A faculty member reported that the “F8” keys on more than 20 keyboards were missing from Adler and Hamilton Halls.
5 p.m. – A student whose car had been towed from the Gryphon Tea Room returned
to the tea room to threaten the manager, who had called to have the car towed. The student threatened the manager, then dropped his pants and mooned everyone in the Tea Room. The student was asked to leave and did so.
8:20 p.m. – A student became ill at Turner House. Emergency medical personnel
responded and transported the student for treatment.
9 p.m. – A student was involved in a traffic accident near the intersection of
Boundary and Jones streets. No injuries were reported and a police report was filed.
11:46 a.m. – A student became ill at Trustees Theater. Emergency medical personnel responded, but the student refused treatment. The student was transported back to her residence hall.
2:45 a.m. – Police and security responded to an altercation between two roommates
at Boundary Village. Neither student wanted to press charges. The RA and RD were notified and stated they would separate the students for the evening.
11:40 a.m. – A student reported that she had accidentally hit a parked car in the parking lot at Barnard and Liberty streets.
7:27 p.m. – Security and the Savannah Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Barnard Village. The alarm was determined to have been caused by a student cooking and causing a grease fire on the stove. The fire was extinguished with a fire extinguisher, and a wall was damaged with soot.
7:18 a.m. – Security was notified that two students had been arrested for setting trashcan fires near the intersection of Abercorn and Waldburg streets.
1:14 p.m. – Security discovered vandalism to the ashtray in front of River Club. Photos were taken to document the vandalism.